Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finnding Your Safe and Happy Place

I had to move back home when I was diagnosed, which is a full days drive. I've gotten a lot better but there's one thing that is holding me back. I don't have any of my old friends here or any familiar places to go that has a good memory attached with it, when I was healthy. What do I do? Move back?

It's hard to create good memories because of a lack of motivation. It's hard to get out there and find new friends when the world, most of all the city I live in doesn't motivate me to be happy. There isn't a prescription drug I can take to make me over come this problem. Do you feel this way?

Now that it's spring and the weather is good, I think I'll try and go to a park. I'll look for a tree I find interesting and read or draw under it. I hope this will be a good step in finding that safe and happy place.

2 comments:

Lee McAlilly said...

May,

Hi, I recently found your blog and wanted to reach out. I'm the blog coordinator for EverydayHealth.com. We're currently recruiting patients and experts to become featured bipolar disorder bloggers and I thought you might be interested.



Everyday Health has over 25 million monthly unique visitors to their website, and there is a lot of potential exposure and traffic to come from blogging with the market leader in online health information. It's also an excellent platform to promote awareness about bipolar disorder and any non-profits or other related entities.



Let me know if this is something that you're interested in and might like to talk more about.


Thanks so much!



Lee McAlilly



Blog Coordinator, Everydayhealth.com

lmcalilly (at) waterfrontmedia (dot) com

May said...

I'm definitely interested in talking more regarding your letter. I'm also creating a website for my visual art work and am looking into linking sites together so that people with mental disorders can share any forms of art and feel apart of a community. Is this something you would be interested in?